SUGGESTED PROJECTS AND ACTIVITIES
Open-type flares are used at emergency, continuous and intermittent gas discharges, and provide high-performance popping of flared gases of any volume, low heat radiation level and ecological compatibility.
Flow seal ensures a straigh open passage of a streamline flow. It has no movable parts, compound bendings or bridges which restrict discharge or blowdown flow rate.
Flo seal advantages are:
- Unique design and reliability.
- Elimination of combustion within the tip.
- Elimination of combustion within the flare stack.
- Significant reducion of shutoff gas flow.
- No necessity for lining and drain.
- No necessity for seal heating.
- No necessity for frequent maintenance.
- No corrosion results in saving of metal.
The top part of the flare tip is protected with a tapered screen. Due to this prolonged protective screen there appears an air gap that moves the flame back from the flare side faces and prolongs the alloy tip service life. Moreover this screen keeps the flame from going down and contacting the flare stack, and at the same time prevents the flare pilot flame from blowing off which might be caused by strong crosswinds.
The flame burning the waste gas is twisted along its retaining ring to form a swirling turbulent flow which provides such outlet speeds that significantly exceed half that of sound. The flame twisting ensures that the flame remains in the vertical position, the fact that diminishes the risk of the flare tilt and contacting the tip.
Oil refining industry was one of the first industries which applied flare systems as there always was and still remains the necessity for safe disposal of hydrocarbons escaping during disturbances of process conditions. Since petroleum refineries are often located near or in towns, enclosed-type flares are usually used there.
Advantages of enclosed flare systems are:
- No fume
- No steam
- No visible flame
- No smell
- Low noise level
- Small controlled discharges
- No thermal plume
- Easy control system providing easy access to all the control devices
- Easy maintenance of all units from the ground (e.g., pilots can be removed without the system to be stopped)
- No thermal radiation (there is no need to construct a heat shield)
- Safe and secure destruction of any liquid and gaseous wastes.
Enclosed flare systems can be equipped with one of the two types of heat recovery systems: either cold waste flows preheating (via a heat-exchanger) for their more effective burning or a boiler for water steam production. If the restored energy can be used on the site, so it is worth considering this or that recovery system application.
Fully automated multistep functioning of multiple spray-type burners with natural draft provides positive emission reduction from oil and gas recovery sites, oil processing, chemical and petrochemical plants as well as other enterprises of processing and downstream industries.